RBWM is asking residents and businesses for comments on its draft Environment & Climate Strategy by 29 September 2020. Zoe and Wisdom show you how you can have your say.
RBWM declared a Climate Emergency in June 2019 and, has followed that up by producing a draft Environment & Climate Strategy, and is asking for you to comment on it by 6pm on Tuesday 29 September 2020, as part of its consultation.
The Environment & Climate Strategy seeks to start to address the key issues that threaten our well being and, indeed, our continued existence on planet Earth.
Of you don’t believe me, watch the introduction to Sir David Attenborough’s recent programme, “Extinction: The Facts”
If you want to know what others are saying or, what this is all about, or just want more information, use the following links;
- To download a copy of the Environment & Climate Strategy – click here
- To learn the basics about Climate Change and how we can reduce carbon emissions – click here
- To find out about Climate Change Resilience i.e. how we prepare our towns and cities for the guaranteed extreme weather – click here
- To find out about how we can stop mass extinctions locally and, help restore flora and fauna to healthy levels (restoration of Biodiversity) – click here
- Find out what you could say
- Find out what others are saying about the RBWM Environment & Climate Strategy – click here
- To visit the East Berkshire Green Party site – click here
- To visit the RBWM Climate Emergency Coalition site – click here
- To visit Wild Maidenhead site – click here
Here’s the video
How to have your say on the RBWM Environment & Climate Strategy
You can respond in the following ways;
- Online at https://www.rbwm.gov.uk/home/environment-and-waste/energy-and-sustainability/environment-and-climate-strategy
- In writing to: Energy Manager, Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead, Town Hall, St Ives Road, Maidenhead, SL6 1RF – click to download a copy of the Representation Form
- By email, using the special response form, to email@example.com – click to download a copy of the Representation Form
Remember to use the information links above.
Please respond to the RBWM Environment & Climate Strategy Consultation
Cllr Wisdom Da Costa
Co-Deputy Vice-Chair, RBWM Cross Party Climate Change Panel
- This post is part of the WWRA Councillors regular series of Blogs to inform and empower local residents; as promised in their election leaflet
- It is also to comply with clause v of the Members Code of Conduct which states, “You must be as open as possible about your decisions and actions and the decisions and actions of your authority and should be prepared to give reasons for those decisions and actions.”
- The views expressed in this article are not necessarily the views of the West Windsor Residents Association (WWRA).
- Any errors are unintentional so, I would value you bringing them to my intention so I can correct them. You can Email me firstname.lastname@example.org