A recent RBWM letter paves the way to unnecessary building on our sacred and precious green belt not for Windsor needs but for Slough. In other words, plans to Pave Paradise in RBWM.
In a letter dated 5 August 2020 to Louise Phillips, who is examining the Borough Local Plan, RBWM indicated their desire to continue to release (build on) green belt land in the Royal Borough despite it not being needed for the needs of residents. Instead, RBWM stated their continued plan to build on green belt land to satisfy the needs of Slough Borough Council and residents from the far future.
What the letter says
Here’s an extract from the letter.
we agree we don’t need to release greenbelt anymore, but we want to anyway
What the letter means
- “the proposed greenbelt releases would assist in addressing p136 of the NPPF 2019” i.e. we want to allow development based on potential future need and not our current need or legally required need;
- “the planned housing (including the proposed greenbelt releases) could contribute to the needs of Slough Borough” i.e. the needs of Slough Borough Council
Does the administration not review critical evidence to a quasi-judicial process?
What they said
RBWM seeks to pave a Windsor paradise to put up a Slough parking lot
Implications for Windsor, Holyport, Climate Change, Bray and, Biodiversity Loss
- Increasing carbon emissions from building and occupancy,
- Increasing carbon emissions from the building process and that locked into the earth
- Increasing local air pollution
- Destroying habitat and local biodiversity
- Decreasing the Climate Change Resilience capacity of the land locally e.g. surface water and flooding
join me in opposing these instances of poor administration
Onwards and upwards together
Cllr Wisdom Da Costa
- This post is part of the WWRA Councillors regular series of Blogs to inform and empower local residents; as promised in their election leaflet
- It is also to comply with clause v of the Members Code of Conduct which states, “You must be as open as possible about your decisions and actions and the decisions and actions of your authority and should be prepared to give reasons for those decisions and actions.”
- The views expressed in this article are not necessarily the views of the West Windsor Residents Association (WWRA).
- Any errors are unintentional so, I would value you bringing them to my intention so I can correct them. You can Email me email@example.com